Ferrari 488 Challenge
Compared to the production 488 GTB V8, the Challenge’s powertrain features specific engine mapping, optimised for racing performance, and shorter gear ratios providing up to an 11.6% increase in acceleration out of turns compared to the naturally-aspirated 458 Challenge EVO.
The F1 DCT transmission features a new racing shift strategy which enables the car to accelerate from a standstill to maximum revs in 4th gear in just six seconds. Further improvements include a reduction in overall powertrain weight, with 19.7 kg being shaved off the engine and a further 8.5 kg off the exhaust system.
Ferrari’s patented Slip Slip Angle Control software makes its first ever appearance on a Challenge car, improving the longitudinal acceleration through bends by 4.2%. A further significant development is the decoupling of the manettino function regulating the electronic vehicle dynamic controls. Rather than a single manettino intervening on all aspects of the software, the functions have been separated into two, either side of the steering wheel. The right-hand manettino (TC1) governs the level of intervention required based on the levels of grip, while the left-hand one (TC2) controls the degree of intensity of intervention. The result is a more tailored degree of integration between the driver and the car, governing when and how torque is delivered to the rear wheels and enhancing the performance of the car and the driver’s consistency.
- Type: Race car
- Engine: 3.9L V8 Bi-Turbo
- 0-60 MPH: 2.8s
- Top Speed (MPH): 200
- Power (HP): 670
- Transmission: Paddle-Shift
- MSRP: $350,000
- Rate: Full Day: $9,999, Half-Day: $6,999 – Members: Full Day: $6,999, Half-Day: $4,899
What is included in the race car rental?
- Car usage from 9am to 5pm (Full day and 200km) or 9am to 12pm (Morning only and 100km) or 1pm to 5pm (Afternoon only and 100km),
- 1 set of scrubs slick tires (rain tires if track wet),
- Race gas,
- Track support,
- Transport of the car to the track,
- Race overall if you don’t already have yours (helmet, Hans device, gloves, suit),
- Data and video logging by Racelogic VBox.
What is NOT included?
- Race Track fee ($ depends on the track),
- Extra km: $36/km
- $15K deductible for the insurance,
- Set of new slick tires: $3,500 (Pirelli)
- Driving Coach: $600 (race car driver) or $1,500 (top rated pro race car driver).
Available Any Day of the Week